The Paramedic will provide emergency care to patients requiring EMS procedures in accordance with established medical protocols, Grady Health System Policies and Procedures, and the EMS operations manual. This individual will ensure assigned emergency vehicles and equipment are in an acceptable state of readiness at all times, and provide safe and effective transportation of patients to and from predetermined locations. The Paramedic will act as a role model, demonstrate leadership skills, and a high level of clinical competence; in addition, this individual will be held accountable for exemplifying excellent service behavior and timely responsiveness to co-workers, patients, clients, visitors, physicians and vendors.
• High school diploma or GED required
• NREMT-P and/or Georgia Paramedic certification required
• Maintain current American Heart Association-Healthcare Provider Card for BLS & ACLS
• Must be able to obtain a valid Georgia Driver’s License and maintain an acceptable MVR according to departmental standards once employed
• Must be insurable by the departmental provider at the standard rate
• Must demonstrate knowledge of basic & advanced life support protocols and principles as defined by national, state and regional standards
Grady Health System recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status, or any other factor prohibited by law. We promote the concept of equal employment in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws. EEO is the Law