In accordance with the Grady Health System Policies & Procedures and the EMS operations manual, to provide emergency care to patients requiring EMS procedures in accordance with established medical protocols under the direct supervision of the Paramedic. To ensure assigned emergency vehicles and equipment are in an acceptable state of readiness at all times. To provide safe and effective transportation of patients to and from predetermined locations. To act as a role model, demonstrate leadership skills and a high level of clinical competence. Accountable for exemplifying excellent service behavior and timely responsiveness to co-workers, patients, clients, visitors, physicians and vendors.
• High School Diploma or GED required
• NREMT-1 and/or Georgia EMT-1 certification required
• Maintain current American Heart Association-Healthcare BLS Provider card
• Must obtain a valid Georgia's Driver's License and maintain an acceptable MVR record?
• Must demonstrate knowledge of basic life support protocols, principles of emergency ambulance operations and principles as defined by national, state and regional standards
Grady Health System recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status, or any other factor prohibited by law. We promote the concept of equal employment in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws. EEO is the Law