This job posting is no longer active
In accordance with the Grady Health System Policies & Procedures and the EMS operations manual, to provide emergency care to patients requiring EMS procedures in accordance with established medical protocols under the direct supervision of the Paramedic. To ensure assigned emergency vehicles and equipment are in an acceptable state of readiness at all times. To provide safe and effective transportation of patients to and from predetermined locations. To act as a role model, demonstrate leadership skills and a high level of clinical competence. Accountable for exemplifying excellent service behavior and timely responsiveness to co-workers, patients, clients, visitors, physicians and vendors.
• High School Diploma or GED required
• NREMT-1 and/or Georgia EMT-1 certification required
• Maintain current American Heart Association-Healthcare BLS Provider card
• Must obtain a valid Georgia's Driver's License and maintain an acceptable MVR record?
• Must demonstrate knowledge of basic life support protocols, principles of emergency ambulance operations and principles as defined by national, state and regional standards