This job posting is no longer active
The purpose of this position is to achieve a level of high performance in billing, collections, remittance posting and customer service through directing and managing the entire claims process. This position is responsible for providing leadership in achieving a high level of quality and efficiency in managing the organization's Accounts Receivable, as well as the employees within the department. The Director of Patient Financial Services must provide strategic vision to the department; create a culture of compliance, ethics, integrity and accountability; and, maintain knowledge of and assure adherence to state and federal regulatory requirements and accreditation standards; while orchestrating the daily activities necessary to achieve the organization's critical performance indicators.
Additionally, this position must oversee development, modification, implementation and monitoring of policies and processes, and continually seek mechanisms to streamline and automate activities to maximize the effectiveness of the department. This role is a key member of the Revenue Cycle team with involvement in decisions affecting all other departments within the Revenue Cycle.
• Bachelor’s degree in a business or health care related field or equivalent education, training and/or experience required
• Minimum of nine (9) years progressive patient financial services responsibility
• Minimum of six (6) years leadership/management experience in patient financial services in an acute care hospital; with departmental oversight of 80+ FTE's
• Prior experience must include a significant role in a redesign project and/or management experience working in a highly automated environment
• Expert knowledge of government and non-government payer requirements such as Medicare, Medicaid, Workers' Compensation, Commercial Insurance, and Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs)
• Experience with facility and pro-fee billing
• Proven leadership experience in a collaborative environment which results in driving positive, measurable, operational results
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across the revenue cycle, operations and IT environments to affect positive change
• Extensive familiarity with standard patient accounting and ancillary systems required
•Master's degree in Business, Finance, Healthcare Administration or related field preferred
•Experience in a complex and changing academic medical environment
•Previous experience with an electronic medical record, Epic, and ePremis