This job posting is no longer active
The Patient Access Representative is a highly motivated individual who is responsible for the intake/patient registration process. Essential duties for this position includes, but are not limited to, conducting accurate patient interviews, appointment scheduling, documenting/entering patient demographic information into the hospital's information system with precision, verifying third party payer information, obtaining authorization/pre-certification, accurately posting charges, calculating the amounts due from the patient, performing point of service payment collections, balancing and depositing daily collections and interacting with patients, family members, visitors, clinicians and employees.
• High School Diploma required
• A minimum of two (2) years of college preferred
• CPAR Certification preferred
• Prior experience in patient access, billing, cash collections, insurance, appointment scheduling or directly related experience in a health care environment
• Must be proficient in the use of personal computers
• Accurately types 30 - 35 WPM with a basic knowledge of computer software, e.g., Word and Excel Knowledge of Hospital Information/Enterprise systems, i.e., EPIC
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Grady Health System recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status, or any other factor prohibited by law. We promote the concept of equal employment in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws. EEO is the Law