This job posting is no longer active
The Paramedic Nurse Extender, under the supervision of the Professional Registered Nurse and/or Physician, is responsible for providing age-appropriate, culturally and ethnically sensitive care, maintaining a safe environment, educating patients and their families, collecting information, communicating effectively, and utilizing technology. The Paramedic Nurse Extender participates in the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the delivery of health care services and tasks. The role of the Paramedic Nurse Extender also includes patient advocacy, teaching, performance improvement, and oversight of unlicensed personnel.
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• NREMT-1, Georgia EMT-1 certification, NREMT-P and/or Georgia Paramedic certification required
• Maintain current American Heart Association - Healthcare Provider card for BCLS & ACLS
• At least one (1) year of experience as a Paramedic
• Must be certified as a Georgia Paramedic with the Georgia Office of EMS and Trauma Department of Community Health
Grady Health System recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status, or any other factor prohibited by law. We promote the concept of equal employment in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws. EEO is the Law