This job posting is no longer active
Performs specimen processing and distribution functions in preparation for analysis by a Medical Technologist after confirming accuracy of patient identification; provides specimen collection procedure information and any applicable special instructions to providers; and communicates test results to appropriate individuals in accordance with standard clinical laboratory procedure.
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Previous laboratory experience preferred
• Exposure to Clinical Laboratory procedures, personal computer functions, and laboratory information systems
• Understanding of Clinical Laboratory test accessioning, specimen collection and processing, and result retrieval and reporting principals
• Ability to follow laboratory procedures and occasionally function autonomously
• Good communication and interpersonal skills required