Performs specimen processing and distribution functions in preparation for analysis by a Medical Technologist after confirming accuracy of patient identification; provides specimen collection procedure information and any applicable special instructions to providers; and communicates test results to appropriate individuals in accordance with standard clinical laboratory procedure.
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Previous laboratory experience preferred
• Exposure to Clinical Laboratory procedures, personal computer functions, and laboratory information systems
• Understanding of Clinical Laboratory test accessioning, specimen collection and processing, and result retrieval and reporting principals
• Ability to follow laboratory procedures and occasionally function autonomously
• Good communication and interpersonal skills required
Grady Health System recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status, or any other factor prohibited by law. We promote the concept of equal employment in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws. EEO is the Law