This job posting is no longer active
The primary role of the President of the Grady Health Foundation is to be the chief fundraising officer for the Grady Health Foundation and provide overall leadership and management of the Grady Health Foundation, coordinate all fundraising activities within the Grady Health System and provide community outreach to increase support for and recognition of the Grady Health System.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide overall leadership and direction in matters of fund development to the Grady Health System and the Grady Health Foundation.
2. Participate with the governing board of Grady Health System in planning the future direction of the Foundation in a manner, which is consistent with the organizational mission, values, community needs and the economic solvency.
3. Provide leadership in the development of the Grady Health Foundation’s long-range strategic plan.
4. Working with the Grady Health System management and board leadership, assist the Board in the selection and orientation process for new Grady Health Foundation board members.
5. Provide information, advice and direction regarding current and projected trends, areas of opportunity, deficiencies, and significant activities in the fundraising field.
6. Build a cooperative relationship with the Grady Health System leadership, physicians, nurses, associates, volunteers, community leaders and members of the Grady Health Foundation Board of Directors.
7. Identify and recruit appropriate community leaders to participate on the board and in the committee structure of the Grady Health Foundation.
8. Work with the CEO and CFO of Grady Health System to identify areas of financial need within the hospital system.
9. Support the grant writing and solicitation process of the Grady Health System.
1. Provide overall direction in the management of the Grady Health Foundation.
2. Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies by continually monitoring the operation of its programs and initiating changes for improvement where appropriate.
3. Develop an organizational climate and culture, which is consistent with the mission, values, and vision of the Grady Health System and with the mission and vision of the Grady Health Foundation.
4. Ensure that the Foundation provides quality, cost-effective fundraising services to support the mission of the Grady Health System and the mission of the Grady Health Foundation.
5. Coordinate all fundraising activities within the Grady Health System, including annual, capital deferred, major, grant writing, deferred giving and special events.
6. Recruit, develop and supervise the Foundation associate team in a manner, which is effective in implementing the mission of the Foundation and attaining its goals.
7. Work collaboratively with other members of the management team of the Grady Health System and affiliates.
1. Build positive relationships with community leaders and major potential donors, and solicit major gifts.
2. Encourage the integration of the Foundation with the community through effective communication and active involvement in a positive public relations program.
3. Maintain professional affiliations and enhanced professional growth and development by keeping abreast of the latest trends in health care policy and fundraising developments.
• Previous fundraising experience
• Proven leadership and management skills
• Extensive established relationships with the Grady Health System marketplace
• College degree